25 Years of Railway Research
- 25 Years of Railway Research
- by Colin J.Marsden
- Twenty five years ago, in May 1964, British Rail Research Division came into being at Derby with the opening of new purpose built facilities at the Railway Technical Centre.
- As well as providing BR with a research capability, with the key objectives of helping to secure future traffic, reduce operating costs, improve revenue and enhance safety, the Division also undertook consultancy work for outside organisations.
- This book is published to Mark the 25th anniversary, and the author has received valuable assistance and encouragement from the Director and staff of British Rail Research.
- All the vehicles used by Research are described and a number of the projects, including the Advanced Passenger Train (APT), are featured. The test facilities and laboratories at Derby are illustrated and described as are the two special test tracks operated by the Research Division.
- 1989, Case bound, 112 pages, 8¾" x 11"
- More OPC Publications
- ISBN-10 0860934411
- New — Out of Print
Order or Enquire
- Pre-Owned, excellent
- OPC Main Page