The Southern in Surrey & Berkshire
- The Southern in Surrey & Berkshire
- The Southern in Surrey & Berkshire continues the series by Terry Gough in which he illustrates the former Southern Railway lines in the 1950s and 60s. All the photographs were taken by the author and feature steam locomotives at work on the various main lines, branch lines and cross country routes within each county.
- In 1988 the Surrey town of Woking celebrates the 150th anniversary of the opening of the main line from London & Southampton Railway the line later formed parts of the London & South Western Railway, which became a major constituent of the Southern Railway at the Grouping of 1923.
- It is the former LSWR lines serving Woking and surrounding areas that are the main subject of this book.
- 1988, Case bound, 96 pages, 146 black & white plates, 8¾" x 11"
- ISBN-10 0860934268
- ISBN-13 9780860934264
£14.00 Order or Enquire via email