Great Western Engines Volume One - OPC
- Great Western Engines Volume One
- A Pictorial Record of Gooch, Armstrong & Dean Locomotives
- by J.H.Russell
- This work comprises a collection of photographs, line drawings and sketches (many taken directly from official Swindon originals) and is intended to portray the evolution of the engines of the Great Western Railway. The author has arranged the work chronologically with scale diagrams accompanying the photographs and he includes a detailed commentary on the locomotive classes. In addition, wherever possible, variations to individual members of a class are highlighted.
- Volume One contains over 500 drawings and photographs and includes Broad Gauge engines plus some notable classes as the Dean and Armstrong Goods; the Dean Singles; the 'Barnum' class; and the 'Duke' class 4-4-0s
- 1975, Reprinted 1988, Case bound, 188 pages, 523 Black & White photographic plates and line drawings, 8½" x 12"
- More OPC Publications
- ISBN-10 0860933989
- ISBN-13 9780860933984
- Pre-Owned - Very good, light dust cover shelf wear
- OPC Main Page