Pre-Grouping Trains on British Railways
- Pre-Grouping Trains on British Railways
- The LMS Companies
- Many locomotives dating back to the pre-Grouping period survived the LMS standardisation policy, and were inherited by British Railways. But for the Second World War many of the classes represented would not have lasted as long as they did, and then under Nationalisation their days were clearly numbered.
- The six sections of this book cover the major constituent companies of the LMS - the Midland, London & North Western, Lancashire & Yorkshire, Caledonian, Glasgow & South Western and Highland Railways.
- As a companion to the authors previous volume on the locomotives originating from the LNER constituent companies, this book forms a unique record of the motive power that could be found at work during the first few years of British Railways
- 1988, Case bound, 128 pages, 228 black & white plates, 8¾" x 11"
- ISBN-10 0860933946
- ISBN-13 9780860933946
£10.00 Order or Enquire via email