The Tollesbury Branch
- The Tollesbury Branch
- The Kelvedon and Tollesbury Light Railway, like many East Anglian branch lines, was conceived by local farmers, landowners and businessmen as a means of speeding the transportation of fruit and fish produce to London and provincial markets.
- After several abortive schemes to build a line a south from Kelvedon, a Light Railway Act was passed in 1896, and with the assistance of local landowners, the Treasury and the Great Eastern Railway, the line was finally open in 1904.
- Peter Paye chronicles the history of the line through to its final demise in 1962.
- 1985, Case bound, 128 pages, 8¾" x 11"
- More OPC Publications
- ISBN-10 086093327X
- ISBN-13 9780860933274
£25.00 Order or Enquire via email