An Illustrated History of Midland Wagons Volume One
- An Illustrated History of Midland Wagons
- Volume One
- by R.J.Essery
- Bob Esserys love for steam railways stems from his early youth when, living in a Birmingham suburb, he found that green locomotives with chocolate and cream coaches were to be found at the bottom of the garden.
- Footplate service began on the LMS just before Nationalisation, and continued into the early days of British Railways. This first hand experience has proved to be invaluable, in both writing about and making models of the LMS Railway.
- Founder of the LMS Society, whose early aim was to place upon record for fellow enthusiasts, details of all aspects of the Company, he has worked at recording details of Locomotives, Coaches and Wagons in conjunction with other memebers, but this volume is his first solo work and is the first of a series, dealing with Midland and LMS built wagons and their work in traffic.
- 1980, Case bound, 241 Black & White plates and line drawings, 8¾" x 11"
- More OPC Publications
- ISBN-10 0860930408
- New — Out of Print
Order or Enquire via email
- Pre-Owned, very good, light edge yellowing
£20.00 Order or Enquire via email
- OPC Main Page