Alphabetical Railway Guide
- ABC Alphabetical Railway Guide
- July 1923
- For a century, an up to date copy of the ABC was to be found in every library, hotel club or company of size and quality, and many more copies found their way into the homes of private and business travellers. It showed at a glance the services to and from all parts of the Kingdom and London, helped travellers to make the best of the once numerous alternative routes through many parts of the country, and included a list of other details such as distances and populations.
- This reprint as quality hardback makes available a valuable and scarce reference work and will give the railway and social historian countless hours of enjoyment as they see how the railways were behaving right at the end of the era of competition. By July 1923, Britain's railways had been grouped into the big four, but there had not yet been time to begin rationalising services, and thus Trains on two London North Eastern routes from London to Manchester (and other Northern cities) are shown among the numerous 'ANOTHER ROUTE' headings for which the ABC was famous.
- 600 pages, 1986, Case bound, 5¾" x 8¾"
- David & Charles Publications
- ISBN-10 0715389092
- ISBN-13 9780715389096
£15.00 Order or Enquire via email