The Midlands Railway History In Pictures
- The Midlands Railway History
- Railway History In Pictures
- by H.C.Casserley & C.C.Dorman
- Centering on Derby, this volume covers the central area of England. The Industrial revolution brought a close network of railways to this area, serving the Potteries, the Northamptonshire and Leicestershire iron-ore industries. They also served the lovely area of North Derbyshire, England's 'Little Switzerland'.
- The Midland Railway, based on Derby itself, was inevitably the most important area, but the London & North Western, North Stafford, Great Western, Great Northern and more latterly the Great Central, also came prominently into the field.
- This brief pictorial history includes a representative and careful selection of pictures and text, ranging from old prints and photographs made throughout the railways' history to the mnost modern views, exemplified by the electified main line from Euston to Birmingham and the North.
- 112 pages, 1969, Case bound, 7½" x 9½", 550g
- ISBN-10 0-7153-4687-3
- New — N/A
- Pre-Owned, good, minor paper foxing and cover edge rub, previous owners dedication inside — £10.00
Order or Enquire
- David & Charles Publications