Traction Engines and Steam Vehicles
- Traction Engines and Steam Vehicles
- In Pictures
- by Anthony Beaumont
- The heyday of the steam traction engine was from the 1890s to the early 1920s, but it was pre-eminent both agriculturally and commercially for ninety years.
- Anthony Beaumont concentrates on the interesting examples of engines which still exist. He describes in detail, and illustrates with superb photographs, the products of more than twenty manufacturers, spanning the years 1880 to 1947 - a period which embraces the final designs.
- The tall chimney, capped with a splendid brass or copper top; the ponderous motion work and massive sense of power and purpose; the sonorous exhaust beat, sometimes staccato, never harsh but always willing, give to the steam traction engine and undeniable personality and character not to be found in any internal combustion vehicle.
- 112 pages, 1969, Case bound, 7½" x 9¾"
- ISBN-10 0715346660
- New — N/A
- Pre-Owned, very good, long penned dedication on flysheet, some spine fade, price clipped
- David & Charles Publications