Locomotives At The Grouping
- Locomotives At The Grouping
- No.1 - Southern Railway
- This is a classified list of all locomotives which were acquired by the newly formed Southern Railway in 1923 from the LSWR, SE&CR and LB&SCR, together with a few small companies in the Isle of Wight and West of England. Information on the principal dimensions of each class, together with brief notes of its origin, are given, together with tabulated lists of the numbers of the engines and their later history.
- The illustrations portray a representative selection of the many types inherited, with rather more emphasis on the older classes which disappeared in the earlier years, and they depict the successive changes in numbering and appearance, from pre-grouping liveries through to the last style of painting adopted by the S.R. prior to Nationalisation in 1948.
- this is the first of four volumes to cover the four Groups which came into being in 1923
- by H.C.Casserley & S.W.Johnston
- 1965, Hardback, 60 pages, 6½" x 8½"
- Print Code:1428/207/CXX/1065
- New — N/A
- Pre-Owned, very good, dust jacket wear and tear
- Ian Allan Main Page
- Related Titles
- Locomotives At The Grouping, Volume 2 - LNER
- Locomotives At The Grouping, Volume 3 - LMS
- Locomotives At The Grouping, Volume 4 - GWR