LMS Branch Lines in North Wales
- Volume 1 - Bangor to Afonwen, Llanberis and Nantlle
- by W.G.Rear
- Bill Rear spent his formative years as a fireman at Bangor shed during which period he built up a working knowledge of the lines described in this book. This experience is brought out to good effect in the opening chapters which describe, in the author's own personal style, the locomotive operations from Bangor. The skills required in working trains over the routes and the characteristics of the services are graphically captured and his personal experience is supplemented by information from other crews and by extracts from working timetables, carriage and enginemen's rosters. There is even a detailed traffic survey of a day's movements at Afonwen on a summer Saturday in 1954.
- A brief historical summary introduces each line and each station is described and illustrated with a variety of photographs, track plans and signalling diagrams.
- This book should prove an essential companion to all who mourn the passing of these branches, whether they are modellers, railway students, local historians or those who have an affection for this corner of North Wales and the railways promoted there by the LNWR and its successor.
- 1986, Hardback, 170 pages of authorative text, top quality black and white images, maps, trackplans, drawings.
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN 0906867371
- New — Out Of Print
- Pre-owned, Very good, light shelf wear
- Pre-owned, Very good, small area of dust cover spine damage
£20.00 Order or Enquire
- Wild Swan Main Page