GWR Locomotive Allocations for 1934
- Great Western Railway Locomotive Allocations for 1934
- The locomotive allocations given in this book are taken from the original Great Western Railway locomotive registers now kept in the Public record Office at Kew.
- These registers record the allocation of each engine at 1st January 1934, together with the subsequent allocations at the end of thirteen 'four week' periods throughout the year.
- This book forms a companion to the Locomotive Allocations for 1921 which showed the situation just prior to the grouping, when many smaller companies in South Wales were absorbed. This 1934 volume gives allocationds from the middle of the Grouping period when some locomotives of the older Dean and Arstrong classes still remained alongside the more modern Collett locomotives.
- The photographs have been chosen to represent the period and in many cases it has been possible to find views of locomotives at the shes to which they were allocated on 1st January 1934.
- 56 Pages. Laminated Card Cover
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN 0906867347
£4.95 Order or Enquire